Do you enjoy taking walks or running with your dog in the dark when it is peaceful and quiet? Then here are the best flashlights for dog walking in the dark.
Don’t just get the cheapest or the \”highest quality\”, but try to rather fit it to your needs and the flashlight that is best suited for you.
You Don’t Need Super High Lumens Necessarily
Lumens above 1000, are better suited for police officers, military, or hunting etc. Flashlights that are 800 Lumens will be more than enough to light up your path for walking and jogging.
Besides, having a too much of a bright flashlight will not only garner attention, but sometimes it can be inconvient for neighbors or other pedestrians. So I suggest something that is between 300-800 Lumens.
- Precision Milled Alloy Body
- New Tech Q5 CREE LED Emitter
- Modern Tactical Design
- Scientifically Tested Grip Pattern
- Bevelled Edge Striker
- Adjustable Zoom Up To 1100ft!
- Powered By A Single AA Battery
- Stainless And Rust Proof
If you have not heard of EVATAC Q5 TacLite, then it’s very cheap, but also very durable flashlight for most of everyday use.
It’s 300 Lumens CREE, and while it may not necessarily be the prettiest or the highest quality, but it will absolutely provide the basics and is more than enough for dog walking and other everyday activities in the dark. It’s not that bigger than an index finger, so it’s very portable too!
- Authentic YAG™ bulb that produces a blindingly bright light
- Crafted from aircraft grade aluminum
- Features a 3 stage switch with High, Low, and Strobe
- Beveled edge so that it can double as a defense tool
- Ultra light and ultra tough
Like the Q5 TacLite, Hybeam Tactical Flashlight is also another alternative. It’s waterproof, incredibly durable, just like Q5, but the design and shape is a bit different. It’s a bit longer and has a rope handle.
Super Bright Flashlights
Are you looking for something that has a little more kick and firepower? While you don’t necessarily need flashlights above 800 Lumens, here are some suggestions if you want a flashlight that can be useful when not only walking your dog, but also camping, hiking, hunting, etc.
- American Made – Most Powerful Single LED in Market – 1200 Lumen output
- Waterproof to IP65 Standard
- Digitally regulated output to maintain constant brightness
- Over heat protection to avoid high-temperature of the surface
- Anti-roll, slip-resistant body design for griping
- Made of durable aircraft-grade aluminum alloy
- Tactical tail switch with remote momentary-on and constant on function
- 1x-2000x Telescoping Focus
The TC1200 is a military-grade flashlight that is made out of one of the most durable materials and is heat/cold resistant to extreme temperatures. No matter what you throw its way, it survives.
It’s 1200 LUMENS, which means it’s well more than enough for walking a dog, but also for hunting, fishing, trekking etc. It can cast pretty well even for a few hundred yards!
- Super Bright 1200 lumens XML2 LED Emitter!
- Aircraft Grade Aluminium Body
- Powered By 2 x 18650 Lithium Batteries
- 5 Functions (Full, Half, Low, SOS & Strobe)
- Adjustable Light Zoom (Zoom Up To 1300ft!)
- Stainless & Rustproof
- IP65 Waterproof (Can Be Submerged!)
- Wide Fin Heat Disbursement
Compared with the TC1200, EVATAC PRO-XML is a better bargain, because it comes with a case and 2X rechargeable batteries. The features are nearly identical and they use the same technology.
If I have to make a choice, I would get the EVATAC PRO XML.
If you want your hands to be free and don’t want to hold onto a flashlight, then you have the choice from choosing hands-free ones. They are better suited for people who will be running or doing some form of exercise.
[amazon box=\”B07SK4P7D8\” template=\”horizontal\”]
EZRED is one of the well-known brands when it comes to hands free flashlight. I would recommend getting the rechargeable ones if you plan on saving money in the long run.
It’s 200 Lumens max and use COB LED. While it’s a little dimmer than handheld flashlights, it’s adequate enough and more suited for joggers.
If you don’t mind the lesser Lumens and almost half the lifespan (~30k hours) of CREE LED bulbs, then go for it!
Things to Keep in Mind
Make sure to be mindful of your surroundings and have some common sense when you take your dog out walking during the evening.
Depending on the neighborhoods you will be passing by, how safe you will be when out on a stroll during the evening will vary, but even if you live around a very safe area, it doesn’t hurt to be prepared.
For this specific case, a flashlight that has a strobe effect will come in handy in case you ever need to fend of attackers.
Havin rechargeable batteries is not only good for the environment, but you will saving money in the long run.
18650, 14500, 26650, 16340 batteries usually are a good investment.
Is CREE flashlight better?
CREE LED flashlights use newer technology and compared with traditional flashlights, they are more durable, waterproof, and the bulb usually lasts longer than 100,000 hours and use less battery power.
You could say they are generally better than other types of traditional flashlights, but the color tends to be more blueish white.
[amazon box=\”B0716V7HW8\” template=\”horizontal\”]
These will allow you to jog, walk, trek, hike or whatever withouth holding on to the leash.