If you are walking your dog at night, there are a few things you should keep in mind.
When it comes to the question whether you should go hiking, trekking/walking your dog at night, it depends on the circumstances.
Is it more peaceful?
Early mornings before sunrise or late evenings when it’s dark, the timing of the day is usally peaceful and quiet. You are able to find more peace and placidity in such places to refresh your head.
If you enjoy the quiet stillness, then you should definitely keep your habit, as long as you are able to sleep on time and get enough hours of sleep.
However, even if it’s dark, if there is a lot of traffic and noise, you’re better off just getting things done during the day. Either way, if your surroundings and environment is going to be busy, so walk your dog when there’s light out.
You are only putting yourself in situations of uncessary risk, because you can get lost, hurt, injured, or even mugged, at least the chances are higher when it’s dark.
If you have to walk your dog at night
If either you have to or if you find solace in stillness, you still want to make sure you have the tools and gear to make your eveyday habit as comfortable as possible.
Get a hands free harness
Holding a leash is rather annoying, so get one of these hands-free leash that will free up your hands. They are not that expensive and will greatly add to your overall experience.
- 【PREMIUM MATERIAL, EXCELLENT WORKMANSHIP】 LANNEY running dog leash is made of anti-tear nylon that can withstand pulling from energetic dogs, medium and large breeds. The cross-stitching lines are wear-resistant to ensure the hands free leash will last for years. Heavy duty metal clasps with 360° rotation increase durability and makes the dog waist leash tangle free. Durable belt buckle locks tightly and securely. Reflective stripes throughout the walking leash ensure visibility and safety.
- 【SHOCK ABSORBING BUNGEE LEASH】LANNEY hands free dog leash can absorb shock and pull force from dogs up to 150lb. With the handsfree leash being pulled, elastic bungee tension goes higher. It is “stop pulling” warning, thus your dog will be gradually trained. The dog running leash will reduce stress and muscle strain on you and dog. Your waist won’t get injured. Our waist dog leash is 51” and extends up to 76” that is long enough to provide adequate room, but short enough not to get in your way.
- 【DUAL PADDED HANDLES FOR BETTER CONTROL】The dog walking leash has 2 handles with soft neoprene padding for easy and comfortable grip. No more hand rashes. Quickly grip the handle by your waist to guide dog back on track. The hands-free dog leash allows you to control your dog without breaking stride. When crossing the street or walking in the crowd, you can hold the handle near collar to achieve direct traffic control, to keep your pet dog nearby you, walking slowly owly or stopping immediately.
- 【ADJUSTABLE WAIST BELT WITH 2 RINGS】The waist dog leash for running suits both men and women. 1.1” wide waistband fits a large range of waist sizes. The movable O ring allows dog running freely around you without stepping on your heels. The D ring allows you to attach extra leash or accessories. You can control the dog with body weight instead of having your hands strained. With hands free dog leash on waist, you can swing arms, answer phone call, hold umbrella,ella, or even look after you baby!
- 【MULTIFUNCTIONAL BAG, SATISFACTION GUARANTEE】 The dog running leash comes with waist pack with 2 pockets compartments that can store a supply of poop bags, dog treats, phone, keys, etc. LANNEY hands free dog leash is perfect for walking, running, jogging or hiking with dog, even training dog! Moreover, we stand behind our premium waist dog leash and guarantee your complete satisfaction. If anything is short of your expectation, let us know and we will send new replacement or fnt or full refund.
Get a flashlight
You need to know where you are going to stay safe. You don’t necesssarily need high end flashlights that require powerful batteries, as long as you see a few yards ahead of you, it should be good.
Article of interest: https://insighthiking.com/best-flashlights-for-dog-walking/
Get a flashlight mount
If you would like to free your hand and not have to grip onto something forever, get one of these straps that will make it easier for you.
- ✔One size suitable for most of flashlights which diameter bettween 0.94 inches(24mm) and 1.10 inches(28mm). Please put on a diving glove before you wear this wrist strap when you diving, to make sure the wrist strap attach to your hands tightly.
- ✔For use with or without gloves, can be used on left or right hand freely.
- ✔The thickened but soft durable canvas can fix the flashlight with your hand tightly, free your hand in the water, really comfortable.
- ✔Fast dry after use, magic tape design,very easy to operate.
- ✔Friendly Tips: If you are going to use the D520/D550 dive light with this wrist strap, we suggest you make sure attach the light securely to the wrist strap with a lanyard. The wrist strap is to free your hand, while the lanyard can prevent the light from falling off the wrist strap.