In the realm of everyday carry, there’s beauty in simplicity and utility. Combining the sharp edge of a folding knife with the practicality of a screwdriver makes for a tool that covers a surprising range of tasks. In this article, we’ll introduce three standout folding knives, each integrating a screwdriver feature, to streamline your carry and simplify your day. Let’s explore.
1. RoverTac Folding Knife with 9-Pack Screwdrivers
- 3.15” knife blade
- Includes pliers, wire cutter, bottle and can opener, and 9-pack of screwdrivers
- Secure liner lock for safety
- Color: Black
- Material: Stainless Steel
- Brand: RoverTac
- Dimensions: 4.34 x 1.3 x 1 inches
- Weight: 0.49 Pounds
- Comes with a durable nylon sheath with a belt loop
The RoverTac Folding Knife is a multi-functional tool designed for both everyday and outdoor needs. Constructed from black oxidized stainless steel, this multitool is not only rust-proof and corrosion-resistant but also stands up to regular wear and tear. Central to its design is a 3.15” knife that excels in cutting and piercing tasks.
Accompanying the knife is a range of useful tools including pliers, a wire cutter, a bottle and can opener, and notably, a 9-pack of screwdrivers. An added emphasis on safety is evident with its secure liner lock, ensuring the blade and screwdrivers stay firmly in place during use.
if you’re looking for a multitool that can handle intricate tasks in confined spaces, the Gerber Gear Armbar is the pick. However, for rugged outdoor activities and a broader range of functions, the first recommendation – RoverTac Folding Knife might be more up your alley.
2. Gerber Gear Multitool with Screwdriver
- One-hand opening fine-edge blade
- Features 8 tools
- 2.5″ Fine Edge Blade with frame lock
- Tools made of stainless steel
- Textured anodized aluminum handle
- Includes: Scissors, Awl, 2-sided 1/4″ bit driver, Pry Bar, Bottle Opener, Hammer
- Color: Blue
- Material: Other
- Brand: Gerber Gear
- Item Dimensions: 3.5 x 0.6 x 0.6 inches
- Item Weight: 0.26 Pounds
The Gerber Gear Armbar Drive Multi-Tool delivers an impressive array of 8 tools, expertly crafted to tackle tasks that go beyond what a simple pocket knife can handle. Among these tools, the standout is the 2.5″ inch driver, perfect for accessing hard-to-reach spots. The toolkit also boasts a one-hand opening fine edge blade, scissors, awl, double-sided bit with Philips and Flathead drivers, pry bar, hammer, and bottle opener. All the tools are constructed from stainless steel, ensuring durability, while the textured anodized aluminum handle guarantees a firm grip during use.
if you’re looking for a multitool that can handle intricate tasks in confined spaces, the Gerber Gear Armbar is the pick. However, for rugged outdoor activities and a broader range of functions, the first recommendation – RoverTac Folding Knife might be more up your alley. As for the price, Gerber Gear is much more expensive than our other two recommendations. However, the tons of good reviews prove the quality of this knife.
3. Kershaw Select Fire Multi-Function Pocket Knife
- Brand: Kershaw
- Material: 8Cr13MoV steel blade
- Blade Finish: Bead-blasted (matte look)
- Handle: Glass-filled nylon with bit carrier
- Safety: Manual washers & liner lock
- Weight: 5oz
- Overall Length: 7.6 inches
- Warranty: Kershaw’s Limited Lifetime
The Kershaw Select Fire Pocket Knife is a handy blend of a multi-tool and a knife. Made from strong 8Cr13MoV steel, its blade is sharp, long-lasting, and has a matte finish. The knife opens safely and locks securely, thanks to its manual washers and liner lock. Its tough handle can carry different bits, making it versatile. At 5oz and 7.6 inches long, it’s a practical choice backed by Kershaw’s warranty.
Compared to the RoverTac, which offers many tools, and the compact Gerber Gear, the Kershaw finds a middle ground. It focuses on a quality blade but still offers handy tools, making it a great choice for those wanting both simplicity and utility.
Folding knives with screwdrivers, such as the Kershaw Select Fire Multi-Function Pocket Knife, Gerber Gear Multitool, and RoverTac Folding Knife, bring a unique blend of versatility and utility to the everyday carry world. The Kershaw stands out with its high-quality blade and dedicated driver, making it a knife-centered tool. The Gerber Gear provides a compact and robust multi-functionality, while the RoverTac shines with its inclusion of a 9-pack screwdriver set. Each offers distinct advantages, but all three underscore the convenience of having a knife that goes beyond mere cutting. Your choice will depend on the features that resonate most with your needs, ensuring you have a reliable tool in varied situations.
What are the advantages of having a screwdriver in a folding knife?
It provides added utility, making the knife more versatile for tasks beyond cutting, such as tightening screws on the go.
How do I maintain the screwdriver feature?
Keep it clean, and free of debris. Regularly check the tightness of any screws holding it in place. Lubricate if it becomes stiff.
Are folding knives with screwdrivers heavier than regular folding knives?
They might be slightly heavier due to the added tool, but the difference is often minimal and usually doesn’t hinder portability.
Will the screwdriver rust or corrode?
If the screwdriver is made from stainless steel or has a protective coating, it should resist rust. However, it’s a good practice to keep it dry and clean.
Other Survival Knives
- Folding Knives With Belt Clip
- Folding Knives With Bottle Opener
- Folding Knives With Finger Holes
- Folding Knives With Gut Hook
- Folding Knives With Safety Clip
- Folding Knives With Sheath
- Survival Folding Knives With Glass Breaker & Seatbelt Cutter
- Survival Knives With Compass
- Survival Knives With Fire Starter & Flint
- Survival Knives With Kit
- Survival Knives With Slingshot