1. Survival Frog
Survival Frog’s Tesla plasma lighter is the best choice if you are looking for a versatile and high-quality electric lighter. It’s a well-known brand that stands behind its products and delivers on quality.
It also has a tiny, but powerful 120-decibel whistle you can use to signal for help making it a great self-defense tool. Plus, this lighter is waterproof and wind-resistant while offering a smoke and flame-free experience.
- Fully rechargeable in 2 hours
- Flashlight with 3 modes: You can use it while searching for tinder or signaling for help. There are three modes: bright, ultra-bright, and flashing.
- Lanyard Cordage: Your lighter comes with a removable Lanyard that is 17 inches of ultra-strong cordage with a built-in easy-release buckle.
- Paratinder for starting a fire without tinder.
2. Plasma Torch
If you are however looking for the coolest Plasma Torch, then check this one out. It has LED lights that tell you how much battery it has. Its design and feel are very nice and the durability along with the battery life make it one of the top plasma lighters out there.
The lighter uses plasma tech so that you don’t have to worry about harmful chemicals; The plasma lighter contains a large capacity battery that can be used more than 200~300 times ignitions after fully charged.
- Power Indicator & Long Battery Life: Upgraded 4 LED battery lights to display different power level status, can remind you to recharge it in advance; High-quality battery cycle lasts 600~700 charges
- Arc design & Quality: Dual arc lighter,5 times faster than single arc electronic lighter; use high-quality zinc alloy and high-temperature resistance ceramic plate, safe and durable; It makes it easier to light candles and cigarettes
- Windproof & Flameless: Arc lighter is a rechargeable electric lighter that requires no flame, no butane, weather-resistant, it is great for camping, traveling, and hiking; It can work well on a windy day while protecting the environment.
- Perfect Gift: Come with an elegant gift box, looks cool, definitely let friends scream; This is probably a perfect gift for birthdays, friends, family, lovers, businesses, and more.
3. TRS Pyro
The TRS Pyro is one of my favorites because you are getting a very sturdy and durable electric lighter for less than $20. It’s a real bargain if you consider the features.
In case you don’t like the product, there is a 30 day money back guarantee, so there is nothing to lose.
- Waterproof & wind-resistant. The quality case construction and the o-ring seal give this an IP67 rating, so it’s very effective at preventing dust, dirt, and moisture from seeping into the unit.
- Compact and Lightweight: It is crucial for the lighter to be lightweight while having a long-lasting battery for camping. This lighter satisfies both needs. It weighs only 2 oz. It can fit in your pocket comfortably as you’ll feel as if there’s nothing!
- High-quality exterior: The flat black water-resistant non-slip exterior is high-quality and beautiful. No matter how much you use it, the unit itself will remain cool to the touch. Plus it is USB rechargeable. With the lighter, you’ll also get 100 lumens flashlight.
The SurvivaLighter is like a Tesla coil in the palm of your hand. Not only is it waterproof and windproof, but it generates heat at 1800 Fahrenheit. It also has a flashlight which can be used for basic everyday use.
On a full charge, it can last about 7 days of continuous use lighting cigarettes, a campfire, etc. There is a 61% discount on this lighter if you want to get it.
- Features its own charger: Sometimes you might have to camp for several days without electricity. But there is a SurvivaCharger, which is a solar charger accessory that plugs into the SurvivaLighter’s USB port. Within 10 minutes, the lighter will be charged to the fullest. Imagine that you’ll be able to charge it with just solar energy!
- Windproof and Waterproof: There are lots of windproof lighters there, but all of them require fossil fuels to work. Fossil fuels are cumbersome to carry, are highly flammable, are bad for the environment, and evaporate easily. Since the SurvivaLighter is 100% electric, and its flame is actually a plasma arc, and will stay lit even underwater. How cool is that?
5. Upgraded Electric Arc Lighter by Sipoe
As you can see, this upgraded electric arc lighter by Sipoe is quite similar to our second recommendation. However, it differs in its color & design as well as some functionalities. It’s built using the newest plasma technology which explains the name.
In addition, similar to our other recommendations, it’ll work effortlessly anywhere at any time, creating windproof and flameless sparks.
- An Ideal Design: Wide-open lid and a completely new design of 4 vertical electrodes are engineered to deliver perfect experiences to let you use it more conveniently.
- Improved Battery Life: 1.5 hours fast recharge time, built-in rechargeable battery lasts over 600 charges; rechargeable via the micro USB cable included
- Compact: 2.95” x 1.33” x 0.51”, all zinc alloy construction, ultra-slim and offers a classic look with a modern twist, portable and lightweight (2.1 oz).
Lastly, you will be enjoying an upgraded battery indicator with 4 blue LED lights; 7 seconds time-out (shut off) safety feature!
6. Scotte Electric Plasma Arc Lighter
Here is the best friend of any hiker or camper. This Scotte Electric Plasma Arc Lighter is not only powerful and durable as the other recommendations, but it also has several add-on features that are incredibly helpful for outdoor adventurers.
- Unique and versatile design: It is an excellent ensemble combining twin-arc lighter and glare flashlight, one end is designed as a lighter and the other end a flashlight AND a 5-in-1 Magnesium Fire Starter With it. That means you don’t need to buy a lighter and a flashlight separately, which is very suitable for home, camping, travel, and hiking.
- 5-in-1 Magnesium Fire Starter: It starts a fire in any weather condition with over 16k strikes at 5,500°F with a Magnesium Rod. Plus, 150dB Whistle, Steel Scraper, 450LB 8core Paracord, and Rod are included. Weighing less than 2 ounces, 5″ long, it is said to be more reliable than matches or lighter.
- Flashlight: The flashlight is designed to be two modes as normal lighting mode and flash mode – to switch modes, you can just press the switch. A full charge can achieve continuous illumination for about 3 to 5 hours. Overall, the operation is simple and convenient.
7. TROPRO Electric Arc USB Lighter
Lastly, we want to feature a electric plasma arc lighter with different design and functionalities. Plasma Arc Lighters with lid can sometimes be burdensome when lighting candles. That’s why you should consider different design concept if you light candles and other difficult items as well.
Offering the same functionalities and quality, this TROPRO electric arc USB lighter might be exactly what you need. Most importantly, it offers incredible safety features.
- 100% safe: To light it, you just need to open the Safety lock at the bottom of the lighter and push the button. For the safety of purchasers, the igniting spark will auto stop beyond 7 seconds per igniting. With an FCC/CE/ROHS certificate, you can buy with confidence!
- Convenient and Portable: Wind & Splash Proof Design prevents the electric pulse produced from being blown out by the strong wind. Built with advanced stainless steel materials it offers a lightweight, yet durable design.
- Type-C cable charge: Along with the lighter, you’ll also get a high-quality TYPE-C cable, the high-grade knitted wire which is faster and more convenient to charge. It can also be used for charging the TYPE-C interface.
Add-On Features You Should Consider
If you are buying a plasma lighter, then you need to pay attention to the extra features it should have such as a flashlight, USB recharger, and other tools that might come in handy.
Some electric lighters have a flashlight. The TRS plasma lighter for example has a flashlight that is perfect for Day Use. It’s around 100 lumens, so in case there is a power outage or if you are walking through a dark alley or need to light up something in front of you, it is good enough.
Most Plasma arc lighters should have a USB charger and are rechargeable. Depending on the model it can take 1 hour or more and last you 3 days or so of continuous use. Besides outlets, you can use a power bank, a car, etc to charge your lighter.
Most if not all arc lighters are waterproof and work completely fine in wet conditions. However, if you damage the lighter and break the hull, then it won’t be as waterproof, but most plasma arc lighters are very durable and made out of quality steel.
Unlike traditional lighters, there is no flame to speak of. It’s an electric current that is focused like a laser which in turn generates heat. So even in the harshest conditions, your plasma lighter should work. Some lighters generate more heat from more arcs, whereas some are lower. You should consider getting one that can reach up to 2000 Fahrenheit as it’s the most optimal.
Why Buy Electric Plasma Lighter?
Compared with traditional lighters, electric plasma lighters are economical, safer, and work much better than butane and your generic lighter in wet or windy conditions.
You may have to pay a little extra up-front, but if you consider the long-term, it will actually save you money and it is better for the environment.
Plasma lighters generate heat at higher temperatures and it is very easy to get a campfire going with such a tool. Depending on the model, there are add-on tools such as a flashlight, screwdriver, a whistle, etc.