When you are choosing a camping knife for cooking, it’s not the same as a pocket or EDC knife. Here are our top selections for the best outdoor knives for cooking.
Best Cooking Knives For The Outdoors
- The ceramic knife delivers exceptionally less surface resistance and a ruthlessly razor sharp edge. You need to try it to believe it.
- Ultra sharp, will never rust. Spectacularly light, with a perfectly engineered balance and 15x the edge retainment of steel.
- Made from a proprietary blend of the highest quality zirconia and forged utilizing state of the art Cold Isostatic Pressing process (CIP) before being super heated, our blades are sharper, harder, stronger, lighter, and more beautiful.
- Classic white blade and black handle. Include matching sheaths for each blade. The set includes: 6" Chef knife, 4" Paring knife, 5" Utility knife.
- Best gift for your family, friend and yourself.
- Ultra-sharp knife ceramic blade – Ceramic knife white blades are made of high-quality zirconia and went through high-temperature burning, which makes an shining elegant surface, and enhances its sturdiness. The multi-colored and soft-touch knife handles match to make your kitchen atmosphere even better.
- Multi-functional colorful knife set –Our kitchen chef knife set includes a 6-inch red handle chef knife, a 5-inch green handle utility knife, a 4-inch yellow handle fruit knife, and a 3-inch small blue handle paring knife. All of them have a protective sheath, which you can put the ceramic knives into them without worrying about damaging the blade.
- Comfort and easy to use – These unique multipurpose knives feature ergonomic non-slip handles, so you can spend hours preparing your tasty meals without feeling tired. The ceramic knives are meet chef-quality comfort standards, so your hands, wrists, and arms will not tired while you cook.
- More healthier – Ceramic knife Made by natural materials, and does not contain any heavy metals and chemical elements. Never change color. Don’t react to any chemical reaction with food,keep original taste and color.
- 100% Satisfaction service – If you aren't 100% satisfied with the kitchen knife set, just contact us. we promise refund back or replacement with no questions asked or charge.
- Complete Set: The black knife set contains 3 kitchen knives of different sizes, each with the knife sheath. There is a 6-inch chef knife, 5-inch utility knife, and 3-inch fruit knife to cater to all your kitchen and cooking requirements.
- Premium Quality: Our slicing knife is made using high-quality zirconia oxide powder to give you a sharp and reliable blade for quick and easy cuttings. Their blade is 10x sharper than a regular steel blade and can be used for a long time without sharpening.
- Ergonomic Design: The anti-skid handle of the cooking knife is made of BPA-free ABS material that is very comfortable to hold for a long time. Clean your knife blade conveniently after every use and store with the knife sheath.
- Safe To Use: The durable, cool knife set is non-magnetic and non-allergenic, making them safe to be used with every food item. The corrosion-resistant kitchen knife will never absorb oils, chemicals, odors, salts, etc. to contaminate the taste or nutritional value of your food items.
- Various Uses: The sharp and functional kitchen knives are perfect for various cooking purposes, including slicing, dicing, mincing, etc. Use them to cut fruits, vegetables, meat, fish, bread, steak, cheese, etc. but never for bones or frozen foods.
- Kitchen knife set can hardly bend or break - Wanbasion knife set is made of high-hardness stainless steel material to ensure that the blade will not bend or break after the use for a long time, which is safer.
- Kitchen knife will not scratch - The natural black titanium metal is used on the blade, instead of black spray paint. There will be no problems such as dye falling off, food safety and aesthetic problem caused by scratching on the knife’s surface.
- Kitchen knife set not easy to rust - Double - layer protection of high-quality stainless steel and titanium corrosion-resistant coating, with independent knife sleeve to ensure that the kitchen knife set is difficult to rust.
- Extreme sharpness Kitchen Knife Set - Leading edge grinding technology makes the kitchen knife set extremely sharp.
Things You Should Pay Attention To
Camping knives for cooking are a little different, because you are not looking for the most durable material nor the coolest design, but you should focus on what is more practical and better suited.
The best type of handle for cooking is something that is made out of rubber with a good grip or any other type of material that allows for a comfortable grip.
Rubber is a good choice is because it’s waterproof, so when you need to wash the knife afterwards, it’s easy to clean it. Also when you are cutting something, it firmly stays in your hands without slipping.
Steel or Wood is not necessarily a good choice because steel/metal is bulkier and heavier. Cheaper types of wood smells bad after prolonged use and when you get food on the handle.
The Edge of The Blade
You may think stainless steel is a good choice, but it does not necessarily have to be. If you don’t care about the extra weight or bulk, you can choose a cooking knife with a steel edge, but for camping purposes, maybe a ceramic knife is the best choice.
You can read about different types of edges for cooking knives: https://finoak.com/articles/types-of-kitchen-knives-materials
Why is ceramic better?
Because ceramic is lightweight, portable, more durable without losing its edge, and overall easier to clean and maintain as it is rust-proof and water resistent. However, they are prone to chipping and has a brittle nature, so try not to drop it.
Camping knives with sheath do look cool, but for cooking knives, you don’t necessarily need to pay attention to the sheath as much. As long as the sheath keeps your knife relatively safe, clean, without having it lose its edge, it’s good enough.
Your usual plastic or generic sheath is perfectly fine for camping purposes.
It’s better to have a fixed blade cooking knife when camping the outdoors because non-fixed blade are prone to breakage and snapping in the middle more than fixed blades.
While cooking knives for camping are not as portable as EDC or pocket knives, you still want to keep it portable enough for an easier camping trip. Hence why we recommend ceramic edged knives.